Iranian American Community Center (IACC) is seeking an Executive Director (ED) who will be responsible for implementing the strategic vision for Pars Place, a center established to serve as a hub for educational activities, cultural events, and community gatherings.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director’s tasks will range from organizational leadership, administration, finance, board and organizational management, program development, fundraising, relationship development, and communications.
1- Strategy and Planning
- Guide the development of IACC's strategic goals and objectives in collaboration with staff and board as well as the overall management of the organization’s work plan.
- Identify and develop a plan for ways in which IACC can expand the number of people benefitting from programs and services offered by the organization.
- Build program and other revenue while ensuring accessibility
2- Finance and Accounting
- Create and maintain a healthy financial standing including managing cash flow for the organization, managing relationships with financial institutions, vendors and donors.
- Overseeing the budgeting process.
- Prepare monthly reports for board presentations.
3- Team Development/Leadership
- Through example and team-based activities, promote a culture of support, high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality, mission and collaboration.
- Work to create a healthy, inclusive, diverse, positive internal culture.
- Engage volunteers and interns as needed to support the organization’s mission.
4- Operations and Administration
- Support and further develop IACC’s’ systems of policies, internal controls, and procedures around administrative and programmatic operations.
- With staff and key volunteers, coordinate the creation of quarterly organizational work plans in line with the strategic plan to support the team.
- Position IACC to successfully scale and grow its operations.
5- Fundraising and Membership
- Develop and maintain relationships with individual donors, foundations, and local government agencies in line with development strategies;
- Cultivate relationships with major donors;
- Collaborate with the board on all elements of the planning and execution of donor solicitation, including the end-of-year giving campaign.
- Identify funding opportunities, create and execute fundraising strategies including but not limited to institutional funding, individual philanthropy and small donations, across channels.
- Launch and grow membership program
6- Program Development
- Work along with the Board to oversee the design and growth of programs and ensure their quality, connection to one another, and to the overarching mission;
- Oversee the execution of the programs.
- Develop program evaluation processes and tools.
7- Representation, Networking, Communications, and Collaboration
- Actively represent the Center in the community through personal involvement in civic and community groups and events.
- Build connections with the media; ensure that the Center is visible in the community.
- Nurture relationships with leaders in the diverse communities in the metropolitan area, effectively expressing the values and mission of the Center.
- Promote and support the Mission of the Center.
- Oversee the brand of the organization including visual and written representation.
- Manage marketing and outreach across channels and ensure consistency with brand and mission.
8 - Board Relations
- Develop and maintain solid, collaborative working relations with Board members and provide them with the information and guidance necessary to make informed decisions.
- Collaborate with the Board to effectively promote the concepts and value of the Center with the goal of increasing both individual and institutional investment from the community.
- Formulate with the Board the strategic vision of the Center, communicating the vision and the mission to the Center's staff and to the public.
- Present the annual operating plan and budget to the Board and report regularly on performance against metrics.
Other tasks in line with the essential functions/responsibilities mentioned above may be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-10 years of experience in a non-profit, volunteer based, membership or mission driven organization
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds through a variety of fund-raising channels
- 5+ years of experience managing a small to medium size team of employees
- Knowledge of the operational and fiscal management duties and non-profit regulations
- A masterful relationship-building skill set with a track record of building collaborative teams and strategic relationships and knowledge of Iranian-American community in the area
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google suite, QuickBooks and popular fundraising packages
- Proficiency in Persian. Passion for IACC’s mission and familiarity with Iranian culture