Iranian-American Community Center (IACC) is seeking an Executive Director (ED) who will
be responsible for implementing the strategic vision for Pars Place, a center
established to serve as a hub for educational activities, cultural events, and
Reporting tothe Board of Directors, the Executive Director’s tasks will range from
organizational leadership, administration, finance, board and organizational
management, program development, fundraising, relationship development, and communications.
1- Strategy and Planning
● Guide the development of IACC's strategic goals and objectives in collaboration with
staff and board as well as the overall management of the organization’s work plan.
● Identify and develop a plan for ways in which IACC can expand the number of people
benefitting from programs and services offered by the organization.
● Build programs and other revenue while ensuring accessibility.
2- Finance and Accounting
● Create andmaintain a healthy financial standing including managing cash flow for the
organization, managing relationships with financial institutions, vendors and donors.
● Overseeing the budgeting process.
● Prepare monthly reports for board presentations.
3- Team Development/Leadership
● Through example and team-based activities, promote a culture of support, high
performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to
quality, mission and collaboration.
● Work to create a healthy, inclusive, diverse, positive internal culture.
● Engage volunteers and interns as needed to support the organization’s mission.
4- Operations and Administration
● Support and further develop IACC’s’ systems of policies, internal controls, and procedures
around administrative and programmatic operations.
● With staff and key volunteers, coordinate the creation of quarterly organizational work
plans in line with the strategic plan to support the team.
● Position IACC to successfully scale and grow its operations.
5- Fundraising and Membership
● Develop andmaintain relationships with individual donors, foundations, and local
government agencies in line with development strategies.
● Cultivaterelationships with major donors.
● Collaborate with the board on all elements of the planning and execution of donor
solicitation, including the end-of-year giving campaign.
● Identify funding opportunities, create and execute fundraising strategies including but
not limited to institutional funding, individual philanthropy and small donations, across channels.
● Launch and grow membership program
6- Program Development
● Work along with the Board to oversee the design and growth of programs and ensure their
quality, connection to one another, and to the over arching mission.
● Oversee the execution of the programs.
● Develop program evaluation processes and tools.
7- Representation, Networking, Communications, and Collaboration
● Actively represent the Center in the community through personal involvement in civic and
community groups and events.
● Build connections with the media; ensure that the Center is visible in the community.
● Nurture relationships with leaders in the diverse communities in the metropolitan area,
effectively expressing the values and mission of the Center.
● Promote and support the Mission of the Center.
● Oversee the brand of the organization including visual and written representation.
● Manage marketing and outreach across channels and ensure consistency with brand and
8 - Board Relations
● Develop and maintain solid, collaborative working relations with Board members and provide
them with the information and guidance necessary to make informed decisions.
● Collaborate with the Board to effectively promote the concepts and value of the Center with
the goal of increasing both individual and institutional investment from the
● Formulate with the Board the strategic vision of the Center, communicating the vision and
the mission to the Center's staff and to the public.
● Present the annual operating plan and budget to the Board and report regularly on
performance against metrics.
Other tasks inline with the essential functions/responsibilities mentioned above may be
Qualifications and Skills Required
● Bachelor’s degree
● 3-10 years ofexperience in a non-profit, volunteer based, membership or mission driven
● Demonstratedability to raise funds through a variety of fund-raising channels
● 5+ years of experience managing a small to medium size team of employees
● Knowledge of the operational and fiscal management duties and non-profit regulations
● A masterful relationship-building skill set with a track record of building collaborative
teams and strategic relationships and knowledge of Iranian-American community
in the area
● Proficiency with Microsoft and Google suite, QuickBooks and popular fundraising packages
● Proficiency in Persian. Passion for IACC’s mission and familiarity with Iranian culture
Job Types:Full-time, Contract
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check the calendar for all event times!
© 2023 Iranian-American Community Center @ Pars Place
IACC's annual tax returns are available for public inspection by making a request to email@example.com